- This first work is a motion graphic project. The challenge from the professor was to create an animation by the style of Terry Gilliam in after effects that used a 20-40 sec audio clip from a movie. We were also limited by having to use scanned clippings from magazines for our medium. I appreciated this particular assignment because it allowed me to sharpen my motion graphics skills a bit more. I was still able to use photoshop to clean up the images a bit so I liked that. But what I enjoyed the most was following a set of guidelines to get to a desired result. Here is Seeking Help.
- Last semester I took Web Design 1. Our challenge there was to create our personal website. I was always interested in html and css and so this project really allowed me to become familiar with the language. I guess I love to learn new things about this field. Java script was not something we learned, but I was able to use a bit of it the code of my site. This is the next thing I would like to learn, how to write java script. In the mean time, here is my site:
- Continental Flight 3407 departed Newark airport on Thursday, February 12, 2009 en route to Buffalo, New York. Approximately 5 miles from the airport, the airplane began experiencing problems and tragically crashed into the Clarence Center neighborhood just outside of Buffalo. 45 passengers, 4 crew members, 1 off-duty pilot, and 1 person on the ground perished in this horrible accident.
A friend of mine who was very close to one of the passengers asked me to create a logo for their memorial page.
Families of Continental Flight 3407
I made this in Photoshop last semester for an art class. We had to create a political poster. One about an issue we feel strongly about. I chose to focus on the media and how influential 9both positive and negative) it can be on our minds. The hand is suppose to represent the media and the lines are supposed to be puppet strings fiddling with the girl’s mind. The circles on her eyes shows she’s hypnotized by what the media’s doing to her brain. I feel like a lot of people are brainwashed by the media, they just don’t realize it.
I drew this portrait (from a reference photo) in September 2011. Its of Brooklyn rapper Theophilus London. I drew him because I was a fan of his music at the time. Still am but not as much. I’m proud of it because drawing the reflection in those glasses was a tricky task.
Finally, I would say this portrait of Mike Jackson. I drew it because I like Michael Jackson’s music. Its the first time I ever drew something this big and it took forever. I feel like this shows my skills because it shows I pay attention to detail.
I would love the poster featured in a magazine or on a billboard or something but I don’t think I’d want the drawings featured anywhere. At least not yet. Only because I haven’t been doing it that long and I feel like I still could improve.
This project means a lot to me. It helped me realize what kind of direction I wanted to take my career. I was really lost as to what field of work I was interested in. I never focused soo much on one project. This was the first time in a long time what I could work on something for hours and did not mind or realize the time passing. I love to be creative and never saw it as more then a hobby. This video kind of shows my personality. It shows off my skills, since I did everything from shooting, to transcribing, to editing. You can tell I love fashion, have a unique group of friends, and take my work seriously. Even though I prefer post and are in a concentration of graphic design now, this project was a real eye opener.
I had to take a font and replicate it by hand with my name. The top is printed from the computer and the bottom is the hand sketched replica I did. As soon as I saw this font I knew it was what I wanted to replicate. It is fun but yet formal at the same time. You can see the human personality in the font. It reminded me of myself. I have a bubbly personality but when it is time to be serious I am. Also certain aspects of the font reminded me of how I use to write in high school. For example, I use to make the big circles over my “I” just as the Juice font does. I felt that this font would be a challenge but yet still in my comfort zone. Over all I loved this assignment. At first I honestly did not think I would be able to recreate any font. I surprised myself. Now I know that even if I do not think I am capable of something, it does not hurt to try. You might just continue to surprise yourself.
I enjoyed working on this project. I had to create a creature and their habitat. It shows my Photoshop skills and my ability to take anything and create something unique. My interpretation of design is to show that you are in control of your world. You control the good and bad. Also that you are who ever or whatever you make yourself to be. I like the fact that I do not have to write out or say my thoughts or feeling. I can create them. I think it helps others understand me better. Allows them come up with their own interpretations and give me real feedback. I believe people are more honest with art then anything else. They can say exactly why they do or do not like something.
1) One of my most favorite piece of work I’ve done is this project i did in CT 101, it was the first time i was introduced to Final Cut Pro. I had difficulties at start putting in the video and getting the music right but the end run the video came out the way wanted so i just amazed.
2)This is my second favorite piece of work because it was a video that i was able to video during my cousin birthday, a unique type of dance done in my country, which edited with music. just a difficulties because a lot of camera were around i wasn’t able remove the flash photos from the video.
3) This i a Gif i made in FA 284 which i really liked
1) This is my most favorite piece of work I’ve done, because it was my CT 101 project, and it was the first time i was introduced to Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. I really had no idea or clue about using these tools whats so ever, and not to mention that i really had no idea back then, that i would be choosing this type of work as a hobby.
2) This is my second favorite piece of work because it was the first time i got hired to direct a music video, and as i remembered approaching this project, my thought process was to just be creative and to stay away from any rap video out there at the time, and i guess it paid off, because it was well received in the vimeo, and youtube online video communities.
3) This is my third favorite piece of work, because its my latest, and although it’s just an audio song, i was the one who took this photograph when they were creating this song.
What’s your best work? Which photos, drawings, films, designs, etc are you most proud of? How do you want to feature this work and why? These questions are really lifelong questions creative people ask themselves all the time. And the funny thing is that you’ll find this answer changes over time as you modify your taste and evolve skills.
So for the next week choose three things that you’ve created that you wish to showcase and include them in a single post (please embed all three things, do not just link). Give some description how you made each and why. Also describe why you wish to feature this work. How does it showcase your skills? Your uniqueness? Your sensibility about design, photography, filmmaking, or ‘anything making.’
Be sure to categorize this post as ‘Featured Work’ and any tags that describe the kind of work it is – Drawing, Crocheting (that one’s for Leeza), Documentary, Short Film, etc.